Thursday, December 31, 2009

Resoluting

Since this is the last day of 2009, the obvious blog post is list one's resolutions for 2010.  Since I am a master of the obvious, I resolve:
  1. To finish my next book.  Talk about pie crust promises (easily made, easily broken).  I have little doubt that we (Dave Auerswald and I) will finish the research, and write much of it up.  But getting the entire thing done?  Hmmm.
  2. To put some work into revising my Intro to IR class
    1. to make some of the links between readings and lectures more explicit
    2. to come up with more creative writing assignments that do not involve Zombies.
  3. To revise my IR of Ethnic Conflict class.  I have not taught it in years.   
  4. To have fewer spelling errors in my blogs.
  5. To play less but better poker.
  6. To spend less time online.
  7. To ski more with my daughter.
  8. To emphasize the good stuff and not bitch so much. 
  9. To optimize my time at work.
  10. To come up with a tenth resolution.
I would say I resolve to torture my nieces with outrageous accents, but I think I did enough of that in 2009.

4 comments:

Mrs. Spew said...

Tenth resolution: To put up with my wife's whining without criticism. :)

Anonymous said...

How about having more fun with wife?

Steve Saideman said...

We have heaps of fun, thank you very much.

Steve Greene said...

I've got my doubts about #8. It just wouldn't be big Steve otherwise.