Thursday, July 28, 2011

Juggling Too Many Balls

The past few years I have used the metaphor of juggling so many balls that I no longer worry about dropping one or two but tripping on the ones already on the floor.  Hence my blogging has slowed to a crawl this week with multiple deadlines biting me on the butt.  Blogging usually does not take too much time, but Australia-travel-induced sleep problems plus the approaching end of the summer (one month till classes start!) have meant that other stuff has taken priority. 

Which reminds me: read this blog post on readiness and defense spending.  One key part of this is that one makes priorities to figure out what should be the focus and what stuff should either be put off to later or dropped entirely, whether it is weapons systems or academic duties.  Blogging is actually pretty close to the bottom of the list, so excuse me while I work on a grant application for which I am getting repeated nagged by my co-investigators.

No comments: